Admin pages are not displaying/working properly after moving to new hosting provider

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
robertt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Admin pages are not displaying/working properly after moving to new hosting provider

Post by robertt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi,

I have recently moved to a new hosting provider. After moving, web site is working fine. However, Admin pages are not displaying/working properly. Joomla 3.8.10/Linux. Some pages are attached to show the issue. I changed template to see impact, same issue in other templates as well. Hope some master/guru can help to resolve the issue.

Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Admin pages are not displaying/working properly after moving to new hosting provider

Post by sozzled » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Looks like you've disabled the Title module from the administrator site. Go to Extensions » Modules and switch filter from Site to Administrator. See screenshot below:
j3_adminModules-title.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robertt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Admin pages are not displaying/working properly after moving to new hosting provider

Post by robertt » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:58 am

Thanks for your reply. When I click Extensions->Modules, I don't see any filter on top. I went through 3 pages of modules, couldn't find any module Title, Toolbar, Logged in users, etc. as I could see in your screen. It seems multiple modules are missing? My list of modules as attached.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:24 am

You will need to fix this problem by going into the database and enabling the module—the Title module—that is disabled. I'm sorry but it will take me a while to explain how to do this with you (by preparing screenshots, etc.). Perhaps someone else is willing to make the time available to you to show you how to fix your problem.

Looks like you've got a problem. It might be easier to restore your website from a backup before this issue happened. Good luck.

robertt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by robertt » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:09 am

Hi thanks again. I'll try to save your time. Please just hint me next steps, I'll do rest of work. I know basics of DB and programming.

I did some search in Google on how to manually enable a module from DB and found that *_modules is the relevant table. With PhpMyadmin, I searched word Title in that table. Here is what I have in above table:

For the module Title below attached is the view (Published =1):

robertt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by robertt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:12 am

Looking forward to anyone for help please...

I am sure there are people on this forum who have replied to thousands of posts. My problem is a peanut for them to solve.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:20 am

The peanut solution is to restore your website from a backup.

robertt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by robertt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:40 am

Thanks for your answer. Actually, I don't have backup prior to this problem. That's why I need experts help.

Please hint me what should I do. I'll do all research work.

Best Regards,

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:02 am

Restoring a website to service, when you don't have a backup, is not "peanuts" (even for the experts). Yes, I've done it—restored a site using only the original database tables and the image files—and it took me about a week. Using a backup (made with Akeeba Backup) takes about 20 minutes to restore a website.

I also don't understand what you mean when you write that you "don't have a site backup". How did you move the website from webhost A to webhost B in the first place, without the backup?

In this particular case, I would advise you to do one of three things:

1) Start again (from scratch) and use the knowledge gained from this failure as a lesson to not repeat similar mistakes.

2) Depending on how much time/money you invested in constructing the website—that wasn't backed up—engage a professional to see if it's possible to resolve the problem.

3) Wait for someone to instinctively/intuitively give you the hint you're looking for.

Maybe you've installed another extension that hides these these things: try disabling extensions one by one until something "happens". Maybe the problem lies within the database? Maybe one (or more) files were corrupted or went missing? Maybe someone changed the CSS to occlude the elements from the administrator template? Maybe the new hosting environment is unsuitable for your website. I really don't know. Like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:14 am

What admin template you are using? Use ISIS, Hathor is not working any longer

Run and post what was asked for: viewtopic.php?f=714&t=793531

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”