one-click joomla installer? any reviews?

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
raffm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

one-click joomla installer? any reviews?

Post by raffm » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:14 am

Hello,

First off, I hope this does not come across spammy and this is the right place to post this.

I found this tool VPSrobots that comes with an auto-installer for joomla CMS. I tried using it to build a joomla site on my server and it surprisingly took only few minutes with one click ease. Any reviews on it? Is this helpful for joomla users?

Also, I put the screenshot in the attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: one-click joomla installer? any reviews?

Post by sozzled » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:20 am

@raffm: welcome to the forum. Thank you for your question (it's a good question).

Experienced users in this community prefer to use the reliable method which is to download the Joomla installation package from joomla.org and install it. It takes about 10-15 minutes to unstall Joomla. We prefer to not use these scripted packages available from many webhosting services. Many of these services do not offer the most recent version of J!. Some of the scripted installations may cause complications in future; in other words, their reliability is not guaranteed.

I hope this information helps you to make an informed decision and make the right choice. There's nothing "wrong" in using scripted installations like these (for demonstration purposes) but I wouldn't base my business or have total confidence in them for production purposes. Cheers 8)

raffm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Sozzled's comment

Post by raffm » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:57 am

sozzled wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:20 am
I hope this information helps you to make an informed decision and make the right choice. There's nothing "wrong" in using scripted installations like these (for demonstration purposes) but I wouldn't base my business or have total confidence in them for production purposes. Cheers 8)
hello,

Thanks for the comment and heads up! the version issue is exactly the real concern for most of users, so I wouldn't use it in a production environment until I get a positive answer on the issue.
I agree with you on the view that such a tool is useful in some specific cases, like demonstrating many Joomla sites in a short time, helping beginners like myself get started in a easier manner...

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”