Rediret to subfolder (Synology)

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.
Ambi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Rediret to subfolder (Synology)

Post by Ambi » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:47 am

I am new to Joomla and website creation and was learning a lot during the past weeks. I installed Joomla on my Synology NAS, where it is installed in the subfolder web/joomla.

So my website is perfectly accessible from pamberg.synology.me/joomla or also from my domain spielatus.ch/joomla

However, i want it to be accessible from spielatus.ch directly, without the /joomla extension, which currently does not work. What i tried already:

1) Setting up a virtual host:
(see settings in attachment Virtual_Host.jpg)
I am not sure if this is currently even doing something.

2) Setting up a htaccess file in the /web folder
Based on some code i found online, the htaccess file includes the following code:

Code: Select all

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} joomla/
RewriteRule ^joomla/(.*) http://spielatus.ch/$1 [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !joomla/
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /joomla/$1 [L]
So currently, the result from calling spielatus.ch depends on wheter i also have an index.php file directly in the /web directory. If I have none (remove the preinstalled one), i get a 403error.
If I do not touch it (leave the index.php file in the /web directory as pre-installed) i get the following error:
Warning session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /var/services/tmp) in /volume1/web/joomla/session....

The index.php file has just one line: require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/joomla/index.php'

So my quesions:
- It seems there is some kind of redirection if the index.php file is there...however, the result is not the same as with spielatus/joomla. Why is that?
- Do i need that index.php file there if i have the htaccess-file?
- Is the htaccess-file set up correctly?
- Anything wrong with the virtuel host?
- Do you have a solution? What can i try?
- Are the virtual host, the htaccess file and the index.php file contradicting each other in some way?
- If there is no obvious solution from my info, would anyone like to help, so i can contact you directly?

Thank you very much

Pascal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Rediret to subfolder (Synology)

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:21 pm

The folder joomla will be the web root when Vhost is set up correctly.

Try /volume1/web/joomla/ as Dokument-Root

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”