filesize error for Joomle upload Topic is solved

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
DiggerDawson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

filesize error for Joomle upload

Post by DiggerDawson » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:33 am

Trying to upload and install Joomla update on Windows 10.
Joomla update filesize error.jpg
php.ini checks OK
php.ini.jpg
Global Configurations check OK
Joomla filesize.jpg
What am I missing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: filesize error for Joomle upload

Post by imanickam » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:35 am

To check the php parameters values that are in effect for your site, go the screen "System Information" (System => System Information). In the screen "System Information" click on the tab "PHP Information". In that tab look for values for the parameters upload_max_filesize and post_max_size.

If you are doing manual update, the file to upload is NOT Joomla_3.9.25-Stable-Full_Package.zip. Please choose the appropriate patch or upgrade/update package as listed at https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla3/3-9-25.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:52 am

Questions, clarifications, observations: need more information:

Are you *installing* or *updating* joomla to 3.9.25?

It seems you already have Joomla installed (demonstrated by your screenshot showing the allowed file extension types and max size (in MB) setting). That Global setting for the file size I think only relates to media files, not to the installation package file. Joomla is still reporting 2M as its file limit, which as I read it is what it is taking from which ever php.ini file it is configured to read from.

Why are you using the full package, instead of the update package to update (not install) Joomla and not using the Joomla Update -- Live Update" option (not the Upload and Update option)?

What web server software are you using - XAMPP, WAMPServer etc.?

In your web server AMP environment, are you using the correct php.ini file for the PHP version you're using? WAMPServer has a unique php.ini file for each installed php version, and the settings need to be adjusted each time you change the PHP version (especially in testing situations).

These are my ideas for starting with (additional/complimentary to other subsequent answers).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

DiggerDawson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DiggerDawson » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:48 am

imanickam wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:35 am
To check the php parameters values that are in effect for your site, go the screen "System Information" (System => System Information). In the screen "System Information" click on the tab "PHP Information". In that tab look for values for the parameters upload_max_filesize and post_max_size.

Thanks. Yes, it shows Local and Master Values as 2M. How do I change it.

If you are doing manual update, the file to upload is NOT Joomla_3.9.25-Stable-Full_Package.zip. Please choose the appropriate patch or upgrade/update package as listed at https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla3/3-9-25.
OK. My bad. I'm presently running 3.9.23 and the update packages is 6.9M

DiggerDawson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DiggerDawson » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:53 am

AMurray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:52 am
Questions, clarifications, observations: need more information:

Are you *installing* or *updating* joomla to 3.9.25?
UPDATING 3.9.23 My error

It seems you already have Joomla installed (demonstrated by your screenshot showing the allowed file extension types and max size (in MB) setting). That Global setting for the file size I think only relates to media files, not to the installation package file. Joomla is still reporting 2M as its file limit, which as I read it is what it is taking from which ever php.ini file it is configured to read from.

Why are you using the full package, instead of the update package to update (not install) Joomla and not using the Joomla Update -- Live Update" option (not the Upload and Update option)?

What web server software are you using - XAMPP, WAMPServer etc.?

In your web server AMP environment, are you using the correct php.ini file for the PHP version you're using? WAMPServer has a unique php.ini file for each installed php version, and the settings need to be adjusted each time you change the PHP version (especially in testing situations).

These are my ideas for starting with (additional/complimentary to other subsequent answers).
Server is running 7.4 and my php.ini file is 7.4.14
Last edited by toivo on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: fixed quote

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:51 pm

Please post results of FPA https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

DiggerDawson