partial success after restoration by ANGIE Topic is solved

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
richardh9935
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

partial success after restoration by ANGIE

Post by richardh9935 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:07 am

I have a production web site on a shared server. I used Akeeba to back it up, and I've restored it to my local server at home. This server uses DNSmasq so that I can use multiple local "web pages".

After ANGIE restored the Joomla site, only the "home page" menu parts of it are visible. No image appears, although their placemarker does. The message is "The requested page can't be found." Lower down is the message "404 Category not found". I've attached a screed dump.

I suspect that it's something to do with the directory levels, but I don't understand what.

The screen dump URL is http://cactusactdev.com.au/cactusactdev/index.php and that corresponds to my server's /var/www/html/cactusactdev/index.php file.

The image at the top of the web page says its URL is http://cactusactdev.com.au/images/Image ... e-2016.png
but that is missing the "/cactusactdev/" level.

How do I get that extra level into "the system"? DNSmasq or Joomla? Or is something else wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

richardh9935
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: partial success after restoration by ANGIE

Post by richardh9935 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:13 pm

Fixed it.

In Apache2, I changed the DocumentRoot from /var/www/html to /var/www/html/cactusactdev and restarted Apache2.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”