ghost member

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
wsrs
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

ghost member

Post by wsrs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 am

Hi
I seem to have a ghost member, one of my members has disappeared, as far as I am aware he was not deleted, he has just become invisible! He is not listed any where, I have searched the database and his name, username or email are not listed. When I tried to add him back in, I got the following error message:

Error
The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative.
The entered email address is already in use.

where would his details be held, are they cached somewhere?

Any assistance gratefully received.
Thanks
Paul

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: ghost member

Post by AMurray » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 pm

User details are held in the _users table, and you ought to be able to see the user in the Joomla user manager.

Ordinarily users don't have the ability to delete their own accounts.

Can you perform an "integrity check" (I don't know what else you'd call it) on the database itself - i.e. optimise database / repair database tables (that is, in phpMyadmin, not in Joomla).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”