TinyMCE "Paste as Text" set as default

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
axntdsgn
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

TinyMCE "Paste as Text" set as default

Post by axntdsgn » Wed May 15, 2019 2:27 pm

I would like to have the TinyMCE editor button "Paste as Text" enabled by default. Currently, you must click the button to enter plain text mode, otherwise any formatting from copied text is added to the editor field.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem per se, but we have a number of sites with a catalog created with Joomla articles and about a dozen custom editor fields in each article. We have our foreign language partners edit this content for their own language, and it's way too frequent that they forget to click the button in each field before pasting in their text.

According to the TinyMCE docs, there is code you can use to initialize the paste plugin to use the "paste as text" as the default here: https://www.tiny.cloud/docs/plugins/pas ... te_as_text, but I have not been able to figure out where to add or change code in Joomla.

I have seen this topic posted on stackoverflow here and here but neither actually provides a correct answer.

I know we could use JCE, but we're trying to keep a lean Joomla installation, and I'd hate to add an extra component for what we're hoping is a simple code adjustment. We're using Joomla 3.9.6 with the standard Protostar template.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”