Problem login to administrator back

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
michalsX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Problem login to administrator back

Post by michalsX » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:49 am

Webpage:
adozedukacja.pl
Problem to login as admin:
After logging in (screen1.png), I don't go to the back.
screen1.png
I'm automatically redirected to the contact form that I don't use on the webpage (screen2.png).
screen2.png
I use the same template on a different webpage and everything is fine. I think the problem appeared after the last update.
How can I get to the joomla back?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Problem login to administrator back

Post by AMurray » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:00 pm

Post the FPA report please: https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ (refer "Forum Rules" top of screen, red box...)

When you say "it happened after the last update...." - Last update of what? Of Joomla, of third-party extensions..... etc ???

Check you're logging in with a relevant administrator level account (Manager, Administrator, Super User etc) ???

I don't know why it would redirect to a *contact* screen (especially one you say is not enabled) ??? if it was the wrong login detail it should simply show you an 'access denied' message.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

michalsX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by michalsX » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:46 am

This happened after the last joomla update (I think), because I log in once a month as admin and change one article. Recently it was ok. Currently I can't enter any login details and I'm redirected to contact form.
I have currently changed the article by changing directly in the database.
Maybe I can reinstall joomla without losing data and connection to the database?

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AMurray » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:59 pm

Suggest you restore from your last backup (before the Joomla update). You did take a backup before updating.... ??? If you used Akeeba Backup, it has a plugin that automatically does the backup before updating the core. Very handy. If you use Akeeba already look for a plugin called "Backup on Update"; I don't know if it's enabled by default.

Personally I've not had the problem you experienced. It just seems weird that it would direct to the *contact form*

Typical behaviour of some security tools is where (on not providing the correct credentials) the site redirects to the front-end home page (but not specifically to a contact form).

I did ask you to post the FPA report, so please do so, it may help shed further light on this matter.
https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/.

Normally I'd say refresh the system files, within Joomla from the Joomla Update component but since you can't get into the admin, it that may be more complicated.

Try these on a copy of your site:

Backup the database (phpMyAdmin); copy the joomla system files to a new folder; restore the DB backup to a new database; reconnect the db through the configuration.php file. Check that the site works (browse front-end); then;

Either:

(1) Download a fresh copy of the download package of Joomla (the current version you're using), and unzip a copy of those system files into the same folder to overwrite them. Make sure the db connection works afterwards. This shouldn't affect any other existing extension folders (3rd party) it overwrites only the core files. If you can then get into the admin, you might need to run the "Fix Database" or similar routines.

OR

(2) Still on the copy of the site, check any security extensions that are possibly contributing to this redirect, disable the plugins (change status column of the plugin table(s) from "1" to "0", direct in the database), and also check your .htaccess file for any redirect commands.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

michalsX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by michalsX » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:18 am

Thank You. I will try fix it.

michalsX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by michalsX » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:59 am

It was a php attack to send spam.
Since I didn't use the contact form, it wasn't protected by google recaptcha.
The following lines have been added to the .htaccess file:
-----
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} POST
RewriteRule .* /index.php\?option\=com\_contact\&view\=contact\&id\=1 [R=301,L]
</IfModule>
-----
Conclusions:
Even if you don't use the contact form, you should secure your site with google recaptcha.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”