Random website errors, seemingly related to mysql Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
andrew_22
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Random website errors, seemingly related to mysql

Post by andrew_22 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:26 pm

I am a beginner, hope i am posting in the right section
I just made a website yesterday - for fun, and this evening i started getting the white screen of death every few page loads. I turned error reporting to maximum and i got a bunch of errors, most of them including this : "Could not connect to MySQL server"

I think it may have been a problem with the hosting provider, but i am not sure, since the problems persisted. I still get errors every few page loads and i've seen more than 8 errors so far. Refreshing once or twice works, but i want to get to the bottom of this. I tried the fpa but after a few minutes of waiting and it not giving any results i quit. If i'm doing anything wrong let me know, please.

Here are a few of the errors, with the website name redacted:

Code: Select all

Could not connect to MySQL server.
/home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:173
Call stack
# 	Function 	Location
1 	() 	JROOT/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:173
2 	JDatabaseDriverMysqli->connect() 	JROOT/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:249
3 	JDatabaseDriverMysqli->escape() 	JROOT/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php:1871
4 	JDatabaseDriver->quote() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:403
5 	Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::getModuleList() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:362
6 	Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::load() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:87
7 	Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::getModules() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:591
8 	Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->countModules() 	JROOT/templates/a4joomla-dark-free/index.php:5
9 	require() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:668
10 	Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->_loadTemplate() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:730
11 	Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->_fetchTemplate() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:545
12 	Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->parse() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:1030
13 	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->render() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:778
14 	Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->render() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:202
15 	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() 	JROOT/index.php:49 

Error: Could not connect to MySQL server.: Could not connect to MySQL server. Could not connect to MySQL server.
Fatal error: Uncaught JDatabaseExceptionConnecting: Could not connect to MySQL server. in /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:173 Stack trace: #0 /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php(1460): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->connect() #1 /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/src/Table/User.php(87): JDatabaseDriver->loadAssoc() #2 /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/src/User/User.php(874): Joomla\CMS\Table\User->load('111') #3 /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/src/User/User.php(937): Joomla\CMS\User\User->load('111') #4 [internal function]: Joomla\CMS\User\User->__wakeup() #5 /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Registry.php(89): unserialize('O:8:"stdClass":...') #6 /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/src/Session/Session.php(386): Joomla\Registry\Registry->__clone() #7 /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/joom in /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 173

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: /php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /php_sessions) in /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 260
Error: Failed to start application: Failed to start the session

Warning: mysqli_ping(): MySQL server has gone away in /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 284

Warning: mysqli_errno() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, bool given in /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 992

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, bool given in /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 1004
Error: Call to a member function getActive() on null: 
Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: /php_sessions) in /home/vol8_5/[website].com/[website]/htdocs/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 194

View class not found [class, file]: contentVewcategory, /home/vol8_5/[website]/[website]/htdocs/components/com_content/views/category/view.html.php
/home/vol8_5/[website]/[website]/htdocs/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:594
Call stack
# 	Function 	Location
1 	() 	Error: JHtmlDebug::xdebuglnk not found.: View class not found [class, file]: contentVewcategory, /home/vol8_5/[website]/[website]/htdocs/components/com_content/views/category/view.html.php

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Random website errors, seemingly related to mysql

Post by toivo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:32 am

Welcome to the forum!

Clearly you have a hosting problem. Not sure if anything can be done about it here unless you post the results of the FPA because more information is required about the server environment. Is it some free or very cheap host?

If you want to develop your Joomla skills, install a free Joomla site from https://launch.joomla.org/, a service hosted by CloudAccess.net on behalf of Open Source Matters, Inc. Alternatively, install the Wampserver bundle on a Windows workstation and host as many test sites as you want.

BTW, Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocks access to the website of the developer of your template, A4 Joomla Dark Free, reporting the following: "This website is suspected of being compromised or hosting a potential privacy or security threat."
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:35 am

You could use wamp localhost
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

andrew_22
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by andrew_22 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Thanks for the answers! The issues seem to have cleared up so it was definitely a hosting problem. Yes, i am using a free host, but i wasn't sure if it really was that or an extension problem.

About the a4joomla site, i definitely don't know much about it. I just plugged it on some safety check websites and it seems safe but there could be something up with it.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”