Registered users lose access

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
bledax
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Registered users lose access

Post by bledax » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:05 am

Hello everyone,

I have a strange issue, after migration of my website - registered users lose access to their accounts.
When they tried to login nothings happen, I repair it for myself with changing in database password hash to MD5 and change my pwd.
The same issue happen when someone try to register and then to login.

Best Regards
Milen

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Registered users lose access

Post by AMurray » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:13 am

Please provide more detail: How/why/where did you migrate your site - did you move web hosts, or do you mean upgraded from one joomla version to a new version? (Please don't say you're using Joomla 4 Beta 1 for a production site, as that is for *testing only*).

Is the user receiving an email with feedback that their registration succeed and that they (1) need to activate the account (2) a site administrator needs to activate the account or (3) they can log in immediately?

In the User Manager, you should see the status of the users. Green ticks under both "Activated" and "Enabled".

In saying "Nothing happens" do you actually mean that or do you mean the user gets a message like "that account doesn't exist..." or "you need to activate your account" (etc...).?

Running the FPA tool and posting the report, as advised in the red banner at top of this forum's screen would help understand your joomla installation and possibly work towards a solution.
https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ and note the information (above) concerning Windows Defender Smartscreen.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

bledax
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bledax » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:07 am

Hi AMurray

I migrate my hosting to godaddy ( its not advertise ) i talk with them and they told me that they could not help me.

After registration everything's okey till the moment they try to login.
- login after activation from emeil.
- everything with the registration its seems that is okay ( Activated accounts )

After the try to login - the page only refresh.
It doesnt pop up any error or something like that.

Later I will use this tool and I will upload the results

Ch3vr0n
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Ch3vr0n » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 pm

"they could not help me"

stuff like that is why ppl on these forums refer to them as "nodaddy". Time to swap again?

macfanplx
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by macfanplx » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:22 am

I suggest you move out of godaddy......
had SLS with them, so I know what it takes.....

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”