Joomla menu items reordering themselves

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
genesis-jones
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla menu items reordering themselves

Post by genesis-jones » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:59 pm

I have 66 menus containing links to 1189 different articles distributed throughout the 66 menus.
Example:
Menu 1>>34 article links, all sequential
Menu 2>>12 article links, all sequential
Menu 3>> 66 article links, all sequential ..... and so on for 66 menus, linking 1189 articles.

Problem is, Joomla appears to keep reordering my menu item order regardless of what I do. I checked if it was template by using Protostar. Same problem. I disabled JumpMenu module by Joomlatema. Reordered menus again. Problem still exists. I have tried drag and drop reordering. I have tried using the Ordering function for each menu item. Nothing appears to work. Issue is, all menu items MUST stay in the order I put them as they are sequential.

Using Joomla 3.9.19, all plugins are up to date, using favorite template on bootstrap 4 framework. I don't know what else to check to resolve.

Any input would be appreciated. As I said, Menu Items must stay in the sequential order I put them in.

As an afterthought, the only other plugin that might be causing issues would be Mobile Joomla but I don't know how.

Thank you.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla menu items reordering themselves

Post by Webdongle » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Are the menu items type Article or another menu item type?
Is it the menu items that are moving position in the menu?
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”