Frontend login is not working Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.
JurajB
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Frontend login is not working

Post by JurajB » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:46 pm

I was about to create my personal account @ gurutesting.tech. So I dont need that superuser anywhere.
I created my email in my hosting for gt, filled things up and successfully registered.
But did not login, I tried another login form because I had community builder login with cb redirection.
I tried to assure that I have good captcha codes (I tried also checkbox captcha but didnt see it anywhere ever)
So I turned captcha off for registration also.. it wasnt working.
I checked with my admin acc. and I am registered and activated also tried dummy password but after inserting Juraj and my pass it refreshes and thats it. Forms are empty and I see only empty page (template is working)
I tried every settings in community builder, login form from cb and joomla! 3 login form
I tried to login by email.
also tried edit username so it wont be same as name
And also tried login to accound from backend - nothing happened just no loggedin site.
Nothing works.

I know that I should post some details I mean forum post assistant I will do so if you say so.
Thanks for helping me in this weird problem.
Last edited by toivo on Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x Administration

JurajB
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Frontend login is not working

Post by JurajB » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:13 am

OK.
I figured out the problem.
New user must be checked in assigned users group as registered.
What to do with this so it will be no need for it or how to make registered user assign to this group automatically?
// figured it out, in global configuration you need to set 'New User Registration Group' to registered, still it ask me for a password (second password verification)

And one more question:
When Im working in assigned users group it prompts me for user password. Does this happen only if I changed users pw in backend or logically how can I know users pw?

JurajB
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Frontend login is not working

Post by JurajB » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:13 am

you can mark this as solved
password is no problem when you delete dots from first password and leave both first and repeated password blank

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”