I can not figure this out, why would a folder and file be created automatically?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.
Forsh
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

I can not figure this out, why would a folder and file be created automatically?

Post by Forsh » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:44 pm

I've been trying to make website adjustments and can't get the CSS to save so I renamed the folder with the CSS to CSSxxxxxx to see if my page will break because it doesn't see the CSS files anymore.....I refreshed the view and the CSS folder was auto-created with the CSS file the page was looking for......how does this even happen? The folder and CSS file create itself in the directory. No wonder my changes never happen, the files aren't even being read, the files are being created from somewhere else by something other than me.

I don't know what does this. I've disabled Joomla caching in Global Configuration, I've disabled the Page Cache plugin in Joomla, I've disabled my page cache extension, I've cleared all cache and expired cache, and I've even cleared all browser cache -- but that browser cache wouldn't be creating a folder on the server so that can't be the issue....ideas? Here are screenshots showing the directory:

1. With the CSS folder renamed to CSSxxxxx
2. The directory after I open the website on another computer
3. Inside the folder with the one CSS file the website is loading from. Only this one file gets automatically recreated, Page 86....none of the other CSS files are created, just this one page.

.....I can not figure this out, literally creating a folder and file all by itself. I can edit the CSS file, save, checked the saved file to confirm the changes were made, then reload the webpage, check the file again and the file doesn't use the file I saved there (or uploaded, I try uploading a new Page86 too) it uses the file before I changed it.
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Art Gallery in Denver Colorado http://denver.gallery

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: I can not figure this out, why would a folder and file be created automatically?

Post by waarnemer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:10 pm

Maybe you can explain where and how you edit, delete, rename the folder?
As I see it it is from within j! admin? What extension?

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”