customizing the Edit Profile page that has custom fields and uses profile plugin

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.
aimlesslady
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

customizing the Edit Profile page that has custom fields and uses profile plugin

Post by aimlesslady » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:43 pm

I added a field from the User Profile Plugin (Date of Birth). When displayed on the front end Edit Profile page, it is the last field, after the standard core fields and Custom Fields. I want to move it up before the custom fields. I created an override for the file for the Edit Profile page - com_users>profile>edit.php- but I can't figure out which code to cut and paste. Is there an other file I should be editing?

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: customizing the Edit Profile page that has custom fields and uses profile plugin

Post by Pavel-ww » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:31 am

Hi. I don't think it can be done in edit.php. There is no specific field. The fields are iterated over by the foreach loop and if the field exists, it is displayed. But you can get it with css. Flex container for fieldset, and "order" property for the field you need

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: customizing the Edit Profile page that has custom fields and uses profile plugin

Post by toivo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:09 pm

aimlesslady wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:43 pm
I want to move it up before the custom fields. I created an override for the file for the Edit Profile page - com_users>profile>edit.php
Did you use the Template Manager to create the override and then edited edit.php in the html folder of the template?

aimlesslady wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:43 pm
I can't figure out which code to cut and paste. Is there an other file I should be editing?
It is possible to break the foreach loop into separate smaller loops to display the tabs in different order. Check the name of the fieldset, for example profile, default or something else:

Code: Select all

<?php if ($fieldset->name !== 'default') : ?>
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”