Which CSS file holds Menu formatting info?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
TikkiRo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Which CSS file holds Menu formatting info?

Post by TikkiRo » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:12 pm

I've a page set up as a Blog layout and at the top is the Menu item name i.e. Easter at BMC - currently it's in a 'basic' font (no idea which one) but I'd like to change it to Georgia or better still a Google font if such can be done. So I'm trying to pin down which file to find that item in to change.

If you want to see it in location it's at https://www.bloomfieldmethodist.org.uk/easter-at-bmc

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Which CSS file holds Menu formatting info?

Post by AMurray » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:11 am

The font on that page apparently is Times New Roman but it could also be Georgia already since those fonts look similar (to the eye). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(typeface)

But when editing the article, all you'd do is pick the font from the drop down box in the tool bar.

I believe Joomla already uses Google Fonts, so no special action needed.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Pavel-ww » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:00 am

TikkiRo wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:12 pm
I've a page set up as a Blog layout and at the top is the Menu item name i.e. Easter at BMC - currently it's in a 'basic' font (no idea which one) but I'd like to change it to Georgia or better still a Google font if such can be done. So I'm trying to pin down which file to find that item in to change.

If you want to see it in location it's at https://www.bloomfieldmethodist.org.uk/easter-at-bmc

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
Hi. This is H1 header. This Arial font.
1.jpg
This is menu item. This Arial font.
2.jpg
You should look into the typography settings of your template and select the font for H1.
The same for menu items. Select a font for a menu in typography settings.
As far as I understand, it is Helix 3. Read the template documentation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TikkiRo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by TikkiRo » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:49 pm

Thanks guys - that's perfect. Points me in the right direction to being able to change things more up ahead. Appreciated :)

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”