CORE.PHP file keeps being removed from my installation

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
NStohr
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

CORE.PHP file keeps being removed from my installation

Post by NStohr » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:28 pm

I am having an issue where the core.php file keeps being deleted on a nightly basis, resulting in a 500 error until I replace the file. Below is an excerpt from the error logs. This problem just started a few days ago. I have tried patching everything to the latest version, but problem persists. Has anyone seen this before and can anyone provide a clue on where to start to fix this issue???

[14-Jun-2021 13:27:13 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/awfco/public_html/mfg-furn/libraries/vendor/joomla/string/src/phputf8/mbstring/core.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/awfco/public_html/mfg-furn/libraries/vendor/joomla/string/src/phputf8/utf8.php on line 67
[14-Jun-2021 13:27:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/awfco/public_html/mfg-furn/libraries/vendor/joomla/string/src/phputf8/mbstring/core.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/awfco/public_html/mfg-furn/libraries/vendor/joomla/string/src/phputf8/utf8.php on line 67

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: CORE.PHP file keeps being removed from my installation

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:59 pm

Is there any malware scanner running on the server that removes files? That is the only ting that comes to my mind.

NStohr
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: CORE.PHP file keeps being removed from my installation

Post by NStohr » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:17 am

To the best of my knowledge, from what I can see and also what I have been told, they are NOT running anything like that. That was my first thought as well.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”