After user activation by admin in the backend, is it also possible to send a confirmation email to admin?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
NicWoe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

After user activation by admin in the backend, is it also possible to send a confirmation email to admin?

Post by NicWoe » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:53 am

Hello, everyone,

The following scenario: Users cannot register independently on the website - this is prevented because this is a club page.

The registration and creation of the new user is done by the admin in the backend - Joomla then sends the system mail registration / confirmation mail to the new user - everything is OK and works.

Now the admin should also receive this registration / confirmation e-mail from the system - so that a control can be exercised as to whether this e-mail has been sent.

Is this possible and if so, how can it be adjusted?

Many thanks for your help.
Nic

Joomla 3.10.X

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: After user activation by admin in the backend, is it also possible to send a confirmation email to admin?

Post by sozzled » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:15 am

NicWoe wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:53 am
Is this possible ...
This has been discussed many times before on this forum. This is the last discussion we had on the question: viewtopic.php?f=708&t=986118

NicWoe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: After user activation by admin in the backend, is it also possible to send a confirmation email to admin?

Post by NicWoe » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:10 am

Hello Sozzled,
many thanks for your Answer.
I'm sorry to ask again.
Perhaps I have not expressed myself clearly - users cannot register themselves, but are entered / registered via the backend by the admin. That works.

I want a copy of the confirmation mail sent to the user, should also be sent to the admin.

Thanks a lot

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:29 pm

I've never heard of that function being in any version of Joomla where the Admin receives the email of the action of activating the user's account.

Certainly, Joomla records the action - in the User Action Log, so there is a record of all the activations that would have been done.

If the Action log is not visible, you can create/enable the module that displays in the back-end. Just go to Module Manager, filter on "Admin" modules. It may already be there, and disabled or unpublished, just re-publish it to the "cPanel" template position.

I'm not sure how detailed the Action log is in Joomla 3.10 but you can also export the data to Excel/CSV file format.

https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:User_Action_Logs
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:40 pm

That's a good idea, Andy. I haven't tested this, however, because I don't normally work with administrator-created accounts, but it's worth investigating the features of the Action Logs component.

We know that it's possible for the Action Logs component to record the fact that an adminstrator has created a new account; I just tested that for myself. And we know that the Action Logs component is able to send emails to nominated accounts when some "action" has happened. Therefore, it should be quite possible for the website to generate an email, send it to the administrator account(s) and everyone should be happy, right? ???

It's not quite the same thing as sending "a copy" of the confirmation email sent to the user but, at the very least, its an email that says a new account was created. If you want to send a copy of the confirmation email sent to the user then you'd have to write a plugin to achieve that result.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”