Broken articles

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Radooz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Broken articles

Post by Radooz » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:14 pm

Hi, all of a sudden, I only got a blank white page if I wanted to write or edit an article.
Otherwise, I will get to the list of articles, then only the white page. Please advise. Thanks

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Broken articles

Post by toivo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:57 pm

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

Obviously something has changed to make the website behave that way. Did you install a new third party extension, which was not compatible with the version of Joomla, or did your host update PHP to a later version? Does the website follow best security practice?

A blank page is an indication that a PHP fatal error has occurred. If you can still access the back end, go to Global Consiguration and change the level of error reporting to 'Maximum' and activate the plugin System - Debug. This combination will display detailed error messages. Post the messages here for advice.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Broken articles

Post by sozzled » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:24 pm

See viewtopic.php?f=706&t=976319 for advice about "blank pages"

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”