Adding a backup Yubikey? Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Aranya
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Adding a backup Yubikey?

Post by Aranya » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:51 am

Does anyone know if it's possible to add a second Yubikey 5 as a backup in Joomla 3.10 admin?

I've discovered that I can add a second Yubikey as a W3C Web Authenticator inside my one Joomla 4 website but the rest of my sites are still Joomla 3.10 where I don't have that option. And I don't have time to migrate them just yet.

If anyone knows if this is possible in Joomla 3.10 it would be great to hear about it.

Thank you! David

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Adding a backup Yubikey?

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:55 am

Don't you have more than one user as Super-User?

In case of lock-out, you can disable the plugin in the database and login without Yubikey.

Aranya
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Adding a backup Yubikey?

Post by Aranya » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 am

Thanks Per,
I did ponder adding myself again as another super-user but that seemed a bit overkill to address the risk of key loss. If I can disable the plugin through the database that does provide another option. I assume this is done using phpMyAdmin. Is it something that's obvious to do? Thank you.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”