Visited pages in User Action Log

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Rodrigo0
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Visited pages in User Action Log

Post by Rodrigo0 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:26 pm

Hi, I need to track every action a user does on the website, included visiting specific pages(or anyone, if thats simpler), and just getting it stored in a database with the timestamp, i dont need to show that information anywhere. Is there a way i can add that functionality to the already built User Action Log?

I've been searching for plugins that do this with no success, maybe i can program it myself but i dont know how.

Thank you.

gws
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Visited pages in User Action Log

Post by gws » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:44 pm

Your server logs/metrics will have this.

Rodrigo0
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Rodrigo0 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:47 pm

The problem then is my site run on a shared server(ionos) so i guess i cant access this server log file

gws
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by gws » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:51 pm

You will have at least awstats in your server cpanel.

Rodrigo0
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Rodrigo0 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:47 am

Hi, i just found out i do have access to the access log of the website, so i can properly see the traffic, but i cant know which registered user have accessed.
I've came with a more or less simple solution, which would be sending a get variable to this specific page with the user ID that is logged.

Any help on how can i do this?

Rodrigo0
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Rodrigo0 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:48 am

Hi, i just found out i do have access to the access log of the website, so i can properly see the traffic, but i cant know which registered user have accessed.
I've came with a more or less simple solution, which would be sending a get variable to this specific page with the user ID that is logged.

Any help on how can i do this?

EDIT:

I will reformulate my question because i think its quite ambiguous.

What i want right know is, whenever an specific url load, for example www.example.com/access, it redirects to the same page but with the get variable, like www.example.com/access?u=14, I want this happening with all the url starting with www.example.com/access.

I think i can program this myself, but i would need to know where i can write custom php code in joomla and in what session variable the user ID is stored.

Also i know this is not the best way to do this so insight of any other way(like storing this user ID along the url in the database) is appreciated.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”