Article creation date won't show.

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
embeathome1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Article creation date won't show.

Post by embeathome1 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:32 am

I am moving my articles from K2 to Joomla articles, since K2 and J4....

Articles however must show creation date of the original K2 articles, so when I created joomla article, I modified in Publishing options of the article "Created date"

My website "main page" shows list of articles (Home menu item is set as "Articles-->Category blog") and no matter what I do, I am unable to show that mentioned date from lets say 2018, when the original K2 article was published. It either shows current date, when the article in Joomla was created (today), or nothing. Inside the article, there is that old, 2018 date, but I need that date in the list of articles.

My menu item (Home) is also set to show date created, also Global config of articles is set to "show date created"

Any idea pls where the problem could be? Using Joomla 3.10.11.

Thanks
Martin

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Article creation date won't show.

Post by toivo » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:11 am

Which template does the website use? Many third party templates have template overrides in their html folder, which could explain your experience.

As a test, link the menu entry for the category blog with the Cassiopeia template and check if the creation date of the article is displayed correctly.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

embeathome1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Article creation date won't show.

Post by embeathome1 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:39 pm

I use Helix Ultimate. Will try Cassiopeia and see...thanks!

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”