Unable to create a new menu or link article

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
JGA_54
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Unable to create a new menu or link article

Post by JGA_54 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:23 am

This problem just recently occurred on a Joomla 3 website that has been installed and running on our server for 5 years - without any previous issue either with updating Joomla or the template installed. For some reason when creating a 'new menu item' - I am greeted with this issue (see jpg attached). I cannot select either a 'menu type' or link to an 'article' as I have no option to do so. Other sites on our server have no problems (all Joomla 3).

Regards. JGA_54
Joomla menu problem.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Unable to create a new menu or link article

Post by toivo » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:45 pm

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

Load the Developer tools (F12), go to the Console tab and check if there are any javascript or other errors, highlighted in red.

Please post the results from the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) by following the instructions at https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ so that the configuration can be reviewed.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

JGA_54
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Unable to create a new menu or link article

Post by JGA_54 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:16 am

Thank you toivo. Regards. JGA_54

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”