Empty #__schemaorg database table

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
mike_hermary
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Empty #__schemaorg database table

Post by mike_hermary » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:11 pm

Hello,

I have been doing some manual database cleanup of old and unsupported extensions in preparation of upgrading from 3.10.12 to version 5. I noticed there is an empty database table called #__schemaorg. When I perform an Akeeba database backup, the following warning is displayed:

Code: Select all

Akeeba\Engine\Dump\Native\Mysql :: Table #__schemaorg has a prefix of #__. This would cause restoration errors; table skipped.
I am not sure when this database table was created. Can it be safely removed prior to upgrading to Joomla 4, then 5?

I have done various searches online, but nothing has surfaced any suggestions for this database table and how to deal with it.

Cheers,

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Empty #__schemaorg database table

Post by toivo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:04 pm

That sounds odd, unless you have already updated the website to Joomla 5. All Joomla versions from Joomla 3 to Joomla 5 have a database table 'schemas'. Joomla 5 introduced a new table 'schemaorg'.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

mike_hermary
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Empty #__schemaorg database table

Post by mike_hermary » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:37 pm

Hello toivo,

Yes, it is strange as there are two versions of the schemaorg table. One with #__schemaorg and another with the database prefix.

No upgrades have been applied to the website yet. I am just trying to address any potential issues before I begin. My success with Joomla 3 to 5 upgrades has been problematic so far.

Cheers,

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”