Joomla 3 Strange behavior in different browsers

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Newalan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 3 Strange behavior in different browsers

Post by Newalan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Has anyone experienced similar problem, In IE 9 when trying to select ype of page such as "single Artcle" etc all the words are bunched up and and you simply cant choose from the list.

That is not the case if I use Google Chrome, however the home page at http://www.bandj-uk.com/ has images in the centre and it shows correctly in IE 9 but the same page in Google Chrome the images are on the left. The images that are left justified in Chrome are in a table.

Any idea why that may be and if there is a solution. Thank you. :(

bradm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Joomla 3 Strange behavior in different browsers

Post by bradm » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi Newalan,

I tested your website in both Internet Explorer and Chrome, and I did notice that there were some differences, specifically how the images are aligned on the page.

This "problem" is referred to as a browser compatibility issue.

Not all browsers will render the same HTML in the same manner. A common solution for many is to include different css styles based upon which browser the user is using.

If you search google for more information on this, you'll see it's a common problem among many webmasters.

As far as a solution for the Joomla admin interface, that I am not sure of.
Please let me know if I can help any further.
Thanks, BradM, with http://www.inmotionhosting.com Support

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”