LDAP Logins Cause PHP Notice message in PHP Error Log

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
gcollier02
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

LDAP Logins Cause PHP Notice message in PHP Error Log

Post by gcollier02 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Greetings,

I've noticed that whenever a user successfully logs in with their LDAP credentials (links back to my AD server) I'm logging an error in PHP 5.6 PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in ............\libraries\joomla\user\helper.php on line 341

I'm running Joomla! 3.4.5

I do not get the error if I use a Joomla! user account.

Any ideas on where my issue is coming from? -Have already replaced the above helper file from a new download to ensure no corruption. My LDAP settings appear to be good as the same settings on a 2.5 install do not cause the same error.

RedEye
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: LDAP Logins Cause PHP Notice message in PHP Error Log

Post by RedEye » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:06 am

gcollier02 wrote:Any ideas on where my issue is coming from?
verifyPassword function is called with an empty string for the $hash variable that's the cause of the error.
Pls try and change the order of the authentication plugins, put the ldap one before the joomla one and check if you still get this notice.
If it helps or not, be so kind and report that bug via Github or the Issue tracker.

gcollier02
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gcollier02 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:42 pm

RedEye wrote:
gcollier02 wrote:Any ideas on where my issue is coming from?
verifyPassword function is called with an empty string for the $hash variable that's the cause of the error.
Pls try and change the order of the authentication plugins, put the ldap one before the joomla one and check if you still get this notice.
If it helps or not, be so kind and report that bug via Github or the Issue tracker.

That ABSOLUTELY fixed the error being generated!! Many Thanks!

markzil
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markzil » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:15 pm

I have a similar problem in that I get the error message on the home screen and will not let the user in. I have tried changing the order, but then neither can login. Any thoughts?
Mark

anabarcellos
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by anabarcellos » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:16 pm

gcollier02 wrote:Pls try and change the order of the authentication plugins, put the ldap one before the joomla one and check if you still get this notice.
It worked for me too. Many thanks!
Ana Barcellos
http://dicas.joomla.com
http://mulheres.joomla.com.br
Twitter: @AnimandoC

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”