Joomla! 3.7.1 - Possible issue with changing the max upload file size

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
wiremu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla! 3.7.1 - Possible issue with changing the max upload file size

Post by wiremu » Thu May 18, 2017 2:18 am

Hello, this morning I upgrade one of my Joomla sites from version 3.70 to 3.7.1. I then attempted to update an extension that was larger than the standard 2MB maximum upload file size. So as I always do in this situation, I added to my php.ini file;
upload_max_filesize=6M;
post_max_size=7M;

I then refreshed my browser and attempted to upload my 3MB extension, but the change I had made to the file size upload in php.ini was ignored, it showed the maximum size was still 2MB! I cleared my cache and retried, but still had the same problem. I then contacted my hosting company and they increased the upload size via the php settings in cPanel to 64MB. After clearing the cache, I retried the upload but the Joomla administrator still showed the maximum size was still 2MB.

As a further test, using another Joomla site I had also upgraded to from version 3.70 to 3.7.1 this morning that had it's max file upload set to 6MB in php.ini, I modified the maximum file size in php.ini to 10MB, then went into the option to upload an extension to see if the value of the maximum upload had changed. It remained at 6MB, not 10MB :( Help ;)

dagroupinc
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla! 3.7.1 - Possible issue with changing the max upload file size

Post by dagroupinc » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Same issue here. We have both the htaccess and php.ini file set to much higher levels but Joomla is limiting extension file uploads to 2mb

ribo
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ribo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Joomla is not limited php values. Please ask your host why do you have this issue. Maybe you need to restart apache, maybe there is another issue in your server.
chat room spontes : http://www.spontes.com

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by JAVesey » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Agreed. This is something that you will need to resolve with your hosting provider.

Notwithstanding the above, have you tried also adding a copy of your php.ini file to your /administrator folder as well? Sometimes this works...
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.0 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7
Joomla 5.1.0 on XAMMP for OSX with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”