Publishing article with future date

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
goldengravel
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Publishing article with future date

Postby goldengravel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:56 pm

There is a problem with Joomla content: the date set in the future is changed by the system.
Let's say it's 21:45 and I want to publish an article tomorrow morning on 08:45. I set the date and hit 'publish'. In that moment the date of the article is changed from tomorrow at 08:45 to tomorrow at 21:45. The bug should be solved.
JEmbedAll embeds videos, images, documents, Joomla Community Builder advanced searches and all you need for your website

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Publishing article with future date

Postby sozzled » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 pm

goldengravel wrote:There is a problem with Joomla content: the date set in the future is changed by the system.
What specific version of Joomla have you installed? Can you reproduce this problem on a "vanilla-flavoured" (i.e. completely fresh installation of J! 3.7.5 with no third-party extensions installed) installation of J! 3.7.5 using the Protostar template? If you can reproduce this issue on a clean, vanilla-flavoured J! 3.7.5 installation then it's possible that you have found a bug that needs to be addressed (but it would also help to post the Forum Post Assistant report for that site, too).

I am unable to confirm the claim. In my (one) test case that I investigated, the "future" looks OK to me.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby AMurray » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:22 am

I also cannot replicate the issue; the future publish start and finish dates remain as I set them. Assuming we are talking about the same thing (and on equal joomla versions - 3.7.5), I am testing this in the article edit > Publishing tab.

goldengravel wrote:I set the date and hit 'publish'

I don't know what "publish" button you mean, but I assume you actually just mean Save, or Save & Close the article. ???
Are you editing the options in this screen:
future_publish.PNG

Are you typing in the date/time in the format as presented there or using the date-picker?

If it truly is a bug, please post it to https://issues.joomla.org.

Maybe you can take us through exactly the steps you're taking and provide screenshots of the exact steps, or do a screen-cast (video capture of your screen) with something like https://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.html A video would be more useful since it will capture "live" the actual 'reset' of the time and date you are asking about.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby imanickam » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:35 pm

I would suggest checking the following:

- Server Time Zone (Global Configuration, tab Server, section Location Settings)

- Time Zone (Screen "Users: Edit Profile", tab Basic Settings) -> This is the time zone assigned to the user who is entering the Start Publish Date
- Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
http://www.eegan.org - helping the poor and underprivileged
educate. empower. enrich.
Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”