Using keywords to create categories

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pitir
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Using keywords to create categories

Postby pitir » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:44 pm

I would like to create categories using keywords. In other words, I need to categorize all content based on keywords to create landing pages based on topics derived from keywords.

How is this possible?

Thanks!

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Using keywords to create categories

Postby sozzled » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:54 pm

I may have misunderstood the question but, from the general sound of it, I don't think it's possible to use multiple categories to organise content. This discussion (and the links contained in it) may be relevant: viewtopic.php?f=706&t=954199

You could, however, use Tags. :)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

pitir
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby pitir » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks for the reply! What I actually want to do is create a categories that are keyword-based.

My goal is to create landing pages that are based on keywords, for example a page that lists all the articles that have the keywords 'cats' and 'dogs' in them. I have many thousands of well-tagged articles to draw from, and I want to create pages that show all keyword-related articles in a nice layout.

Ideally I'd like to have categories generated from selected keywords.

Is this possible?

Thanks again!

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm not sure I understand your use of the word "categories" but, even without the confusion, you can create "landing pages" or menu items based on tags. For example, if you have used "cats" as a tag in your articles, you could create a menu item called Cats with the Menu Item Type of "Tagged Items" and select "cats" to select the content you want listed.

There's more information about creating "Tagged Items" menu items here: https://docs.joomla.org/Help38:Menus_Me ... Items_List
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

pitir
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby pitir » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:23 pm

The 'Tags' idea is good, I may have to figure out a way to do it that way.

However, what I'm really looking for is a way to use Keywords from Articles. There are numerous excellent add-ons for Joomla that display all articles from a Joomla Category. I'd like to use Article Keywords to populate Categories, and in turn create nice pages from those Categories.

Thank you for your ideas!

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”