Warning: The System - Fields plugin is disabled. Custom fields will not display until you enable this plugin.

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
megseoh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Warning: The System - Fields plugin is disabled. Custom fields will not display until you enable this plugin.

Post by megseoh » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:53 pm

I would like to set up some custom fields but am not able to & I get this error message:

Warning
The System - Fields plugin is disabled. Custom fields will not display until you enable this plugin.
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 1.33.59 PM.png
'System - Fields' links to the plugin & when I navigate there it shows that it is enabled.
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 1.44.54 PM.png
I click Save & navigate back to the custom fields but the error message persists.

When I search for 'System - Fields' in the Plugins directory, it is not there.
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 1.50.18 PM.png
Please help me troubleshoot this. Many thanks :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wwhite
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Warning: The System - Fields plugin is disabled. Custom fields will not display until you enable this plugin.

Post by wwhite » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:06 pm

It looks correct.
search for "fields"
look thru the list and check it and also be sure the other fields plugins are enabled
There may be another issue but i would start here
Joomla - K2
Funeral Director - Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day!
Saying - This old world keeps spinning round, it a wonder tall trees aint laying down https://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=c_W9aaQ1Apo

megseoh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Warning: The System - Fields plugin is disabled. Custom fields will not display until you enable this plugin.

Post by megseoh » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:24 pm

In some cases the 'System - Fields' plugin was not installed. I am running the latest version of Joomla 3.8.0.

I had to go to Extensions > Manage > Discover to install all of the custom field components before I could activate them in Extensions > Manage [select those that apply] > Enable.

There is 1 component & at least 16 plugins that need to be activated in order to get rid of the error message & for custom fields to work properly.
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.12.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.17.33 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wwhite
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by wwhite » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:03 am

If its working properly, good.
Others do not seem to be reporting this issue, i would suspect it was a glitch in your upgrade
Joomla - K2
Funeral Director - Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day!
Saying - This old world keeps spinning round, it a wonder tall trees aint laying down https://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=c_W9aaQ1Apo

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”