Joomla Custom fields

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
chathura_a
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Custom fields

Post by chathura_a » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:27 am

Hi,
I have created a field group and added a list field under that group. I can see it in a tab when I create article from the back-end. When I set values to the fields from the back end I can see them in front end article view. But I don't see the the field group or field as a tab (like in back-end) when I try to edit or create an article from front end. Am I missing something ? Please help.

Thanks

wwhite
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Joomla Custom fields

Post by wwhite » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:55 pm

The display of custom fields in the front end is controlled by the com_content front end layouts
In Backend select Extensions/Templates/Templates
select Create Overrides
Select Com_content and create override for article, category, and or categories and create a template file to use to edie and change the display of the custom fields
Joomla - K2
Funeral Director - Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day!
Saying - This old world keeps spinning round, it a wonder tall trees aint laying down https://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=c_W9aaQ1Apo

andy fev
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla Custom fields

Post by andy fev » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:23 pm

It may be that your fields are set to show only in admin end. Ensure that each field is set to show on both ends. Click the Options tab when creating a custom field and view the setting for the buttons labeled "Show On"

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”