Login Module Missing in the Back-end But Active on Front-end

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
kjersos
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Login Module Missing in the Back-end But Active on Front-end

Post by kjersos » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi, I am having the same problem my Login module is missing in the admin backend but active on the frontend. I don't believe I have JSN PowerAdmin, unless it came prepackaged with Joomla. I checked and all of my updates are up to date, at least according to Joomla.

Thanks!
Nadja
Last edited by imanickam on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from the topic https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=708&t=956711. In the future, for your issues, please create a separate topic.

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Login Module Missing in the Back-end But Active on Front-end

Post by xfsgpr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 am

kjersos wrote:Hi, I am having the same problem my Login module is missing in the admin backend but active on the frontend. I don't believe I have JSN PowerAdmin, unless it came prepackaged with Joomla. I checked and all of my updates are up to date, at least according to Joomla.

If it visible in your live website then the module should be under:

Extensions >> Modules

It is called Login Form

If you want to create another login Form to put somewhere else on your site then you need to click on the NEW green button and search/Look for: Login. the list is arranged alphabetically so you can't miss it.

I don't understand what exactly do you mean by "I am having the same problem". Have you mis-posted your post? did you intend to reply or follow up some other posts on this forum?

Good luck.

kjersos
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kjersos » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Yes I originally did, but I am happy to have an answer either way. Yes I did check under Extensions > Module. That is what I am saying it is not in there. I can't find it. Although it is active on the frontend. It was there before.

You can see my listing of modules here
http://www.kjersos.com/index.php/introd ... ulelisting

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by xfsgpr » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:40 am

kjersos wrote:Yes I originally did, but I am happy to have an answer either way. Yes I did check under Extensions > Module. That is what I am saying it is not in there. I can't find it. Although it is active on the frontend. It was there before.
It looks like you might have deleted this module by mistake. It might still in the trash folder and you can try to restore it from there.

I am at a lost as well why it still shows in the site. Is it likely you have renemaed it? Can you check in the Template Module Map its position and see what modules are at that location. The default position in Protostar is 7 but you might be using some other template that has its own positions.

kjersos
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kjersos » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:17 am

I checked Trash folder other things but no login
Pretty sure I haven't renamed it, because if you look at the link I sent showing which modules I currently have in the back end you will see only 4 are in position 7, none of them are a login module.
How would I check the template module map as you suggested?

Thanks
Nadja

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:27 am

@Nadja, This is an asset issue and module is not showing since the assets table for the menu links is missing. You can resolve this by deleting the module in the extension table with phpmyadmin and recreating the module (modules-->new-->login form) or use ACLmanager to repair the asseet table

@xfsgpr view-source:http://www.kjersos.com/index.php/introd ... ulelisting shows "Protostar" (and the mod is published in position 7)

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

kjersos
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kjersos » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:19 am

Hello Leo
Tried to do as suggested.
When into phpadmin deleted the login module
Then went to recreate the login module.
I am a little confused. I have recreated the login form as suggested, but I already have one of those.
How does recreating the login form which is an admin module
Recreate the login module which is a site module
Please note when I click on modules- new under the site option there is no login to choose from.

Thanks
Nadja

kjersos
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kjersos » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 am

kjersos wrote:Hello Leo
Tried to do as suggested.
When into phpadmin deleted the login module
Then went to recreate the login module.
I am a little confused. I have recreated the login form as suggested, but I already have one of those.
How does recreating the login form which is an admin module
Recreate the login module which is a site module
Please note when I click on modules- new under the site option there is no login to choose from.

Thanks
Nadja
Hi

If anyone could help. I started with a problem that my site login module disappeared in the admin side of my site, even though it was still visible on the front end of the site. So there was no way for me to assign the module to certain pages. After following the instructions above, I now have no login module on the back end or the front end. Please note I do have the login form which I have assigned to a menu item, so I can do that. It is the side module that is now completely gone.

Thanks!
Nadja

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:15 am

If the login module does not appear both in the front-end and back-end, I would suggest trying the following:

- Go to the screens "Extensions: Discover" (Extensions => Manage -> Discover)
- Check whether the Login Module is discovered
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

kjersos
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kjersos » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:05 pm

You are brilliant MIG!! Thank you!!

Solved

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”