SQL problems in j3.8

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Jay44
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

SQL problems in j3.8

Postby Jay44 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:28 am

Hi all,

I have big-ish site that has moved through the ages from j1.5 to the 2s and now at j3.8

I had updated to j3.8.2, and then found that I could not successfully update various extensions, and at one point all the Menu tables were corrupted and giving (about) 10 duplicated on every top level menu!

I rolled back to working site, at j3.8.1, to try and move forward from there, but I am having SQL problems.

The session table bombs out on restore, and then when I look at it in phpMyAdmin, I get this message

" Current selection does not contain a unique column. Grid edit, checkbox, Edit, Copy and Delete features are not available."

So I can't clear this table of all it's junk.

Other tables are also having issues with "unique" identifiers, and the whole thing is a bit stuffed!

Trying to install updates to components will break the database, and Akeeba Backup is unable to put unique identifiers as it creates backup set descriptions.

Has anyone seen this before, and any suggestions? Any help much appreciated.

- J
"Things not being necessary is what makes life interesting" -- Stephen Fry
This is necessary - http://docs.joomla.org/

effrit
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: SQL problems in j3.8

Postby effrit » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:24 am

try get BD dump from your hosting archive, not akeeba.

Jay44
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: SQL problems in j3.8

Postby Jay44 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:49 am

Also this happening when I try to create a new Menu:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 501219328) (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/ncvsiigo/public_html/new/libraries/src/Log/LogEntry.php on line 116

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 501219328) (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/ncvsiigo/public_html/new/libraries/src/Log/LogEntry.php on line 116
"Things not being necessary is what makes life interesting" -- Stephen Fry
This is necessary - http://docs.joomla.org/

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”