menu item is a category list - can these links be submenus?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
websroger
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

menu item is a category list - can these links be submenus?

Postby websroger » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:21 pm

I have a menu item in a menu module that is a category list, where the category articles are links [, and the category list menu item does not allow editing for styles, etc.] Can the list (5 items) be treated as sub-menu items, and if so how to get them to display in a drop-down when the mouse is positioned over the menu item? [apparently for "sub-menus" this is possible. I have not found how to designate sub-menu items anyway]

kjersos
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: menu item is a category list - can these links be submenus?

Postby kjersos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi, Not sure if I am correctly understanding what you are trying to do, so if I misunderstood, excuse me. If you are trying to create a submenu list for a category list menu item, then you need to manually create each submenu item and then assign the submenu item to the parent category, while in the details page, which in this case will be the category list menu item.

Hope this helps!

websroger
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: menu item is a category list - can these links be submenus?

Postby websroger » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 pm

kjersos: Yes I think you understand, and I have myself figured out that what I want to do cannot be done with a category list menu item, and I need to make them individual submenu items. Thanks for helping.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”