email not sending via SMTP on PHP 5.6

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rayhan269
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

email not sending via SMTP on PHP 5.6

Postby rayhan269 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 pm

hi.
i must use SMTP for sending emails.
when i set php version on 5.6 test mail could not be sent but if i set php version on 5.5 test email send.
What is the solution?

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: email not sending via SMTP on PHP 5.6

Postby AMurray » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 pm

As far as I know, SMTP is independent of PHP version so I don't know why it would fail on one and not the other (especially in same version series of PHP 5.5 vs 5.6).

Can you try PHP 7.x instead of 5.x?
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

rayhan269
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby rayhan269 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:50 am

hi.
i try PHP 7.0 and test mail could not be sent like PHP 5.6
maybe problem in host configurations?

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby AMurray » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Is the email being used one associated with your domain? e.g. your.name@yourwebsite.com or is it a third party like your.name@gmail.com ?

With either of the above, I don't see that the PHP version should matter at all. Why is the requirement (your question starts ".....I you must use SMTP....."). Why can't you use sendmail / phpmail?

Would suggest talking to your host. They might be able to tell you why anything more than PHP 5.5 (definitely out of date as will PHP 5.6 be within 12-18 months (or less) won't let the SMTP setting send the email.

Who is your host (please don't say Godaddy, as that would be the cause of the problem right there...... :( )
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”