email not sending via SMTP on PHP 5.6

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rayhan269
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

email not sending via SMTP on PHP 5.6

Post by rayhan269 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 pm

hi.
i must use SMTP for sending emails.
when i set php version on 5.6 test mail could not be sent but if i set php version on 5.5 test email send.
What is the solution?

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: email not sending via SMTP on PHP 5.6

Post by AMurray » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 pm

As far as I know, SMTP is independent of PHP version so I don't know why it would fail on one and not the other (especially in same version series of PHP 5.5 vs 5.6).

Can you try PHP 7.x instead of 5.x?
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

rayhan269
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rayhan269 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:50 am

hi.
i try PHP 7.0 and test mail could not be sent like PHP 5.6
maybe problem in host configurations?

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Is the email being used one associated with your domain? e.g. your.name@yourwebsite.com or is it a third party like your.name@gmail.com ?

With either of the above, I don't see that the PHP version should matter at all. Why is the requirement (your question starts ".....I you must use SMTP....."). Why can't you use sendmail / phpmail?

Would suggest talking to your host. They might be able to tell you why anything more than PHP 5.5 (definitely out of date as will PHP 5.6 be within 12-18 months (or less) won't let the SMTP setting send the email.

Who is your host (please don't say Godaddy, as that would be the cause of the problem right there...... :( )
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”