Front-end edit button for logged in user not working!!

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
jlfletcher
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Front-end edit button for logged in user not working!!

Post by jlfletcher » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:49 am

Hi,

I am currently using Helix3 by joomshaper as my template for my joomla site and I have just started creating users and user groups, however from the front end it appears when my menu items are using the category blog style, which most of them are, the little edit icon appears however nothing happens when you click on it - there is no drop down edit option as there should be. Thus, my users (INCLUDING myself as super-user) can only create posts from the front end and I need to be able to edit them as well. I tried messing around with the different item types and it seems if I change to category list, the edit button is there in written form and I can edit any of the posts. So it only seems to be an issue with category blog - which my site is already set up as and looks better as.

Does anyone know why this might happen or how to repair??

Thank you

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”