editor permissions for artcles

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
BrownellLibrary
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

editor permissions for artcles

Postby BrownellLibrary » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:12 pm

If I have an existing published article that a user in the editor user group edits on the front end is there a way for those edits to not go live until they have been approved by a user in the publisher user group or higher? I would like staff members to be able to edit content on certain pages but if possible I would like to have any changes they make not be visible on the site until their supervisor could approve them. Thanks!

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: editor permissions for artcles

Postby sozzled » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Two points to make:

1) Editors cannot create new articles and have them "go public" until they've been approved by a Publisher or Administrator/SuperUser. That's the normal situation for Joomla (unless you've modified the ACL group permissions).

2) Editors can modify existing articles—they can certainly modify articles created by other editors and/or Authors—before the articles are published. I'm not sure if Editors can modify articles after they've been approved for publishing. Perhaps someone else can confirm my understanding.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

DavidBoggitt
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: editor permissions for artcles

Postby DavidBoggitt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:25 am

Last edited by imanickam on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Per the forum rules, changed the URL of the extension from the developer's url to the JED url
My website: http://www.davidboggitt.com/
Love and hate both devastate you, but at least love takes you to dinner first.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”