Getting Joomla Mailer to resend password

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
FireFly9
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Getting Joomla Mailer to resend password

Post by FireFly9 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Is there a way to get the joomla mailer to resend an email with the changed password.

I have set up the user accounts manually, but at the time the joomla mailer wasn't set up properly so no emails went out. I thought that if I changed each password that joomla would remail the notification, but so far it hasn't and I'd like to know what I need to do to make it remail.

Thanks
Last edited by toivo on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved, not related to 3.x Performance

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Getting Joomla Mailer to resend

Post by sozzled » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:05 pm

I don't think it's possible for you (or your site) to resend the emails if your mailing settings weren't right in the first place. You could contact people who attempted to register before you fixed the problem and suggest that they use the "Forgot password" feature or you could delete their accounts, email the affected users, and ask them to re-create the accounts.

I can't think of any other alternatives, sorry.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

FireFly9
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Getting Joomla Mailer to resend

Post by FireFly9 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Thanks

That seems like a bug that should be addressed by the developers. In Wordpress if you re-generate a password, it will resend an email.

G

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”