Logout issues

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
PaperSpace1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Logout issues

Post by PaperSpace1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi

I am currently unable to out from admin. When I try and do this, the user is shown as still logged in on the front end, and a page refresh shows them as logged in to Admin as well. Moreover, multiple instances of the same (test) user are showing up as logged in, although the user only logged in from one device.

I have also got an ongoing problem with session expire, which is not logging users out. I am aware of the recent issues with Joomla 3.6.4 and correction in 3.6.5, but this issue predates that and continues despite having 3.6.5. I realise that keep-alive behaviours can cause this issue, but cannot track any down at this point in time.

Thanks

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Logout issues

Post by sozzled » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm

PaperSpace1 wrote:I am currently unable to out from admin. When I try and do this, the user is shown as still logged in on the front end ...
Do you have Shared Sessions enabled (in the Global configuration)?
PaperSpace1 wrote:I am aware of the recent issues with Joomla 3.6.4 ...
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the "recent issues" with J! 3.6.4. J! 3.6.4 was released about eighteen months ago (in October 2016) and it is outdated; I am unaware of any "recent issues" with J! 3.6.4 (or of any so-called corrections in J! 3.6.5) because both those versions are outdated.

PaperSpace1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by PaperSpace1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:20 am

Hi
I apologise, stupid mistake, shouldn't make forum entries when tired.
I meant Joomla 3.8.4 and 3.8.5.
No, I don't have Shared Sessions enabled.
Thanks for the response.
PS; just to clarify, the issue or one of them, is that Admin is unable to log users out from the backend. The usual logout, by just clicking on the x is just ignored.
I have an unrelated issue with session expire as well, but I'm guessing this is just a keep-alive issue as it is present on 2 websites with very similar configurations. The Admin logout other users issue is only present on one.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:36 am

PaperSpace1 wrote:I apologise, stupid mistake, shouldn't make forum entries when tired. I meant Joomla 3.8.4 and 3.8.5.
Please don't use the internet, the forum (or your websites) when you're tired. We don't know what you mean. If you write that you're using J! 3.6.4 then that's what we're going to base our replies on; if you meant something else then please stay around online, on the forum, and double-check what you write.

You posted your question about 10 hours ago. I replied to your question 17 minutes later. Where were you? (I know, you were "tired".)

Well, I'm a bit weary at the moment and I'm not going to play "guess what's the problem". If you're serious about wanting help with your problem, please use the Forum Post Assistant report tool, as everyone is encouraged to do, by reading the instructions located near the top of this page (in the pink-coloured section). Someone may be able to assist you if you help us by giving us this kind of information about your website and why it may not be working like your "other" site(s) is/are.

When you say that this "issue is one of [several]" please create separate topics for each of the issues that you're currently experiencing.

In summary, I don't know why you're having the problems with logouts not working, sorry.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”