Problems with Joomla tag system

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ita4012
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Problems with Joomla tag system

Post by ita4012 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi. I'm trying to use joomla tag system, but I have the following problem. If I click on a tag in front-end (both in a tag below article title, or in popular tag module), I get an error page like the one you can see in attachment. But the strange thing is that I get the error only if the tagged element is an article, while I do not get any error if the tagged element is a photo album, made with the component eventgallery. I don't understand how to solve the problem. Can someone help me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Problems with Joomla tag system

Post by imanickam » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:36 pm

(a) It would be beneficial if you could provide a link to an article that has issue. This would help others to see what is happening.

(b) Noticed that the template used in the site is shape5_vertex that uses the vertex framework. Can you please install a new instance of Joomla! in a test environment and test the tag with the Protostar template?
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

ita4012
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ita4012 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:53 pm

A) you can check it here, clicking on tags in the module at bottom of the homepage: https://www.waterwind.it/new/en/

B) I'll try to do what you suggest

DJBenz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DJBenz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:42 pm

There's a similar issue on the bug tracker: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/19487

If you have the Disqus comment plugin installed, you can get this issue. As a temporary fix, disabling the System - Field plugin worked to solve the issue for me.

ita4012
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ita4012 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Ok. I disabled system fields plugin, and the problem occurs no more. Thank you very much for help!

chkymnky
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by chkymnky » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:45 pm

I am experiencing the same problem with the same error message, but would like to reactivate System - Fields so that I can create custom contact fields. However, the tag system is very important to our contributors. Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I searched the Forum and other websites, but no one has posted a solution to the conflict between the tag system and the System - Fields plugin. Thank you very much!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DJBenz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DJBenz » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:04 pm

chkymnky wrote:I am experiencing the same problem with the same error message, but would like to reactivate System - Fields so that I can create custom contact fields. However, the tag system is very important to our contributors. Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I searched the Forum and other websites, but no one has posted a solution to the conflict between the tag system and the System - Fields plugin. Thank you very much!
Seems to have been put into this pull request: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/19684

But apparently still no resolution.

chkymnky
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by chkymnky » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Thanks, DJBenz.

chkymnky
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by chkymnky » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:09 pm

This solution looks Disqus-related. Though we now have Disqus on the site, the issue existed before the Disqus install. Any thoughts?

DJBenz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DJBenz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:45 am

chkymnky wrote:This solution looks Disqus-related. Though we now have Disqus on the site, the issue existed before the Disqus install. Any thoughts?
The solution is implementing a fix in Joomla. I won't pretend to understand it, it was exposed due to the Disqus issue, but the development team agreed it was something that should be fixed in Joomla itself.

chkymnky
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by chkymnky » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Thanks, DJBenz. I will keep an eye on the documentation as the development team rolls out 4.x.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”