Can't change the content of the web site..Internerl Error

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
chahan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can't change the content of the web site..Internerl Error

Post by chahan » Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 am

Hi Guys,

Recently we implemented a web server and web site. I implemented the web server some third party designed the website. We are running on Ubuntu server. Web server and website is running fine but we are unable to change the content of the site.

The developer gave is login details, but when we change the content of the site it is not saved and display internal error.

Our web site is located /var/www/html folder. When I checked the permission of the folders and files in the HTML folder (Owner is www-data, Permission 755 and 644 respectively ) But the owner of the HTML folders is root.

Should I changed to www-data user. Can you please advice to solve this issue

I have attached the snap of the log file.

Thank you,
Regards,
Chahan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by toivo on Thu May 17, 2018 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: cross post removed, cross posting not allowed - see the forum rules https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Can't change the content of the web site..Internerl Error

Post by waarnemer » Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 am

did you receive credentials to the files (ftp) or did you receive credentials for the Joomla administrator.
from your attachment I guess you have ftp credentials, not the joomla credentials...

chahan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by chahan » Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 am

I received credentials for the joomla administrator login. Normally, I can login as super user to the joomla from www.website../administrator.

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by waarnemer » Thu May 17, 2018 1:32 pm

That is all you would need to edit content.
Did you change servers? ... did you also change the MySQL database server? Is the config still pointing to the previous one? What does the developer say about it?

chahan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by chahan » Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 pm

Thank you reply. The developer did not help me. He just mentioned website is running fine. It is problem with the server. Before, I checked the database and user in joomla, and all are correct. How can I check the config pointing to the new server.

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by waarnemer » Tue May 22, 2018 8:31 am

ftp into your file and folder tree.. in the root of Joomla is a file called configuration.php this file also has the settings to the database... check if that points to the correct location.

in the administrator back end of your site also check the file permissions (system info -> file permissions

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”