Problems with media manager

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
tschumler
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Problems with media manager

Postby tschumler » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Today for the first time I noticed on one of my websites a problem with Joomlas media manager. If I try to open certain folders I get an error message. Error 0 Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Utility\Utility::getToken()
Some folders are ok, but most folders won‘t show the files in the folder.

Folders and files do show correctly in JCE Pro‘s filemanager.
Is this a problem in the media manager or can anyone point me in the right direction how to solve this problem?

Joomla 3.8.8
php version 7.0.30
Website originally build with Joomla 1.7, migrated to Joomla 2.5 and later Joomla 3.0 with regular updates up to 3.8.8

KianWilliam
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Problems with media manager

Postby KianWilliam » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:16 pm

May be uploading joomla core files again could resolve this problem
Kian William

tschumler
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Postby tschumler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Hi Kian and thank you for your tip! It is a problem which completely puzzles me since some folders don't show the error message but most folders do. I have been trying several things already without success but have a few things in mind which I will try. It's not a major problem since the frontend is working properly.
Thanks again and if I find a solution I will report.

KianWilliam
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Postby KianWilliam » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:04 am

Those folders that give error message, permission to them is 755? and the content of those folders, what sort of files with what sort of extension in there? also when you create new folder and upload image files in there, do you have the same problem? from the folders that do not have error messages, could you move or copy file(s) to those that give error message? may be the problem is not from com_media at all, using joomla error detection at max and checking error log could lead you to solve this problem
wish you success
Kian William

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”