More superuser access rights

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
LUCKY JLF
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

More superuser access rights

Post by LUCKY JLF » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:22 pm

Good evening everyone,

Due to mishandling on my part, I removed my super user access rights. Because of this, in the administration panel, I can not find the "Global Configuration" and "System Information" sections. Which implies that I no longer have the possibility of updating and setting up Joomla! and extensions.

My backup does not work.

I wish to know how to take advantage of this bad step. How to give back the right of super user?

My thanks in advance
(traduit du Français, par Google)

Bonsoir à tous,
Suite à une mauvaise manipulation de ma part, j’ai supprimé mes droits d’accès de super utilisateur. De ce fait, dans le panneau d’administration, je ne trouve plus les rubriques « Configuration Globale » et « Informations Systèmes ». Ce qui implique que je n’ai plus la possibilité de mise à jour et paramétrage de Joomla ! et des extensions.
Ma sauvegarde ne fonctionne pas.
Je souhaite savoir comment me tirer de ce mauvais pas. Comment redonner les droit de super utilisateur ?
Mes remerciements anticipés.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: More superuser access rights

Post by AMurray » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Do you seen any other options (components menu, user manager etc). Which of your backups doesn't work (how were they created?). You should be making regular backups - daily.
Some possible solutions:
(1) Perhaps your host can restore the site to working order.

(2) You change the settings back in the database itself. I'm not sure what you would need to be looking for in such a case - others can advise on that.

(3) Method 2 - Add a New Super User.
https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_reco ... assword%3F
Although the instructions are designed to recover forgotten passwords I would suggest it may also be useful for creating the new user in this case, so you can then log in as that temporary Super User, to reset the permissions on the other.. You can then log in with the real user, check all is working correctly, and then delete the temporary super user account
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

LUCKY JLF
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by LUCKY JLF » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Thank you for your solutions.
I will answer your questions
Q -Have you seen other options (component menu, user manager, etc.). :
R -It is no longer possible to set Joomla! nor installed extensions
Q Which of your backups does not work (how were they created?).
A - I can not install the backups (below) as a local server created by Akeeba Backup on 24/05/2018.
Maybe they are correct? This is the first time I have two files and during extraction, the following message appears; "The same volume can not be used as a source and as a recipient"
- site-www.atcr.fr-20180524-133341.zip - 64 137 928 (24/05/2018)
- site-www.atcr.fr-20180524-133341.z01 - 2 147 352 (24/05/2018)
Note; these backups are dated 24/05/2018, my clumsiness (removal of access rights), 25/05/2018. So a backup closer to the date.
(1) The host gave his answers too late. No way to recover OVH restore
(2) To edit directly in the database, I need to know about what and how to act. This may be the ideal solution?
(3) I have already created a new user, but this one has no more right than an administrator and no super user.
What is this link? : https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_reco ... assword% 3F

Still waiting for a solution. May be clarifications for (2) and (more information for (3).) Suggestions for installing local server backups.
Cordially

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:11 am

Sorry I don't understand your comment about the other administrator user not being a super user (with no more rights that your usual account in its erroneous state). The method to create the user via this tutorial, Click here to go to recover password tutorial, should result in a second super administrator, with which you can reset the permissions to the correct settings of your normal super user account.

If the forum breaks the link (it shouldn't.....), search Google (or https://docs.joomla.org) for "Recover Joomla administrator password" and it will take you to the documentation to do it.
Last edited by AMurray on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by sozzled » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:21 am

(Someone else might be able to fill in the blanks). If I was in this situation, I would replace the [broken] table _user_usergroup_map with a "vanilla-flavoured" one from another clean J! website.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

LUCKY JLF
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by LUCKY JLF » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 am

Hello and thank you for your answer
What is a "vanilla-flavored"?
An " _user_usergroup_map " that works from another site?
cordially

LUCKY JLF
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re : Plusieurs droits d’accès de superutilisateur

Post by LUCKY JLF » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:19 am

Hello and thank you for your answer
What is a "vanilla flavor"? An "_user_usergroup_map" that works on another site?
cordially

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:31 am

_user_usergroup_map is the table that maps user to groups.

It should have a line with your user id and group 8 which is Super-admin.
If it does not exist, add the row to the table.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”