Protostar Main Menu

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
DJsOak4
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Protostar Main Menu

Post by DJsOak4 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:16 pm

In attempting to get the "contacts" page to re-appear, under "menu" on the backend, I changed the setting for Main Menu from "Site" to "Administrator" but cannot get it to appear to change back. I am logged on as administrator and it will show it in the drop down list, but I cannot open to switch it back to "Site" since the change made no difference. I hope someone can tell me how to get it back--

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Protostar Main Menu

Post by AMurray » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Maybe you need to log on as a Super User (not simply the user access group, "Administrator"). I'm not sure if you're using the term "administrator" to describe your actual user level in the back-end or in a general sense.

Were you trying to customise the Admin menus?

Sorry, I am unsure of what you have actually done (or why), and how to fix it.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 pm

There seems to be two different issues here.

1) The disappearing contacts component from the Administrator menu has been discussed many times before. See viewtopic.php?f=708&t=962844#p3528588

2) Not being able to "switch back to 'site'" in the Menu Manager. I haven't encountered this issue before.

DJsOak4
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DJsOak4 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:57 pm

Thanks for your input. I have a feeling my site was compromised...the other two sites I run are not giving the same issues and this particular one actually had several foreign users listed (there is no way to register on this site). I have kept backups, may just use one of them. Again, thank you.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:14 pm

The missing components issue is not a consequence of a site being compromised. It's a consequence of something that didn't go well during a J! update. The links I referred to in my earlier post should resolve this problem.

The other matter, not being able to switch from "Admin" to "Site" ... that's different. I haven't encountered this difficulty before. I can't say if your site has been compromised or not.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”