hide buttons in editor

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
kldany
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

hide buttons in editor

Post by kldany » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:04 pm

please how to hide the buttons in the image attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: hide buttons in editor

Post by leolam » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:41 am

These are plugins and you find them under plugins-->editors-xtd.

Be very careful with that! The read-more is used to create blog entries for instance or with a very long article. The JCE-Editor has this as a page-break as well but the buttons are more convenient. If you want to hide them just for frontend users create a frontend profile for them. JCE has a front-end example. You cannot turn of the plugins for a single profile

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

kldany
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kldany » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:11 am

Mr. Leo, I sent you a private message please read it...

Thanks

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:19 am

@kidany: I'm actually interested in reading this discussion. I don't know whether Leo is likely to read your PMs but, in any case, it's bad forum etiquette to assume that you can write privately to individual forum members unless they've specifically invited you to do that.

I think Leo's right. I would question the necessity for removing the buttons that appear at the bottom of the editor screen. I don't think that they can be selectively hidden depending on which user(s) are using the editor (although you might be able to remove them depending on whether the editing is performed at the frontend or the backend). Further, if you remove these buttons, by uninstalling the plugins that create them, you may regret your decision.

You asked how to hide the buttons. We may be able to show you how but why would you want to do this, anyway?

kldany
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kldany » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:27 am

sorry I don't know what was the mistake maybe I did something wrong I am sorry for that

the reason I need to hide them with what I am making don't need users to access those buttons which give access to media and mot thinks please check the link and the idea.

I sent for Mr. Leo for a security check to my work that is all with the user and pass that why I sent it privately, in this case, can I send you that idea in private?

regards

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:53 am

kldany wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:27 am
The reason I need to hide [these buttons is because my] don't need users to access ... [the] media [features]
There is one (maybe two) buttons on the bottom row that concern "media". I'm only saying that you can do whatever you want, I suppose, but you may regret your choices.

kldany wrote:
I sent [a PM to @leolam to ask about running a] security check to my work.
That has nothing to do with this topic. If you want to ask on the forum about a security problem then create a separate topic to address that issue. If you want someone to perform a security check for you then there are thousands of professionals who will do that service for you, for a fee, of course. This is a volunteer-run forum to provide advice. We can advise you for free but, when it comes to doing your work, that's a different matter.

kldany wrote:
Can I send [my questions about my security needs to] you ... in private?
Unless you are prepared to pay me for my time to do your work for you, no.

kldany
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kldany » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:58 am

Sorry i dont know why tou are mad and talking with me this way , i was clear with soory no need your help be nice and if you need to do bussniss this not the rightvway ..
Sorry no need any from youv

kldany
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kldany » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:02 am

Also i didnt ask you to do any work for me i did it my self i ised jommla backend in some way , but i am really surprised a joomla master talking this way and feel sorry for my self to ask you and please any quistion from me do not buther your self on ir.. thanks

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 am

@kidany, clearly English is not your first language (perhaps,try google translate). I suggest that you read what sozzled wrote again carefully,he is trying to help you to understand how to use the forums for yours and others benefit.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:05 pm

@Sozzled and @GWS Rest assured (and look at past events for confirmation) that forum users who post me a support request without my request get a proper reply (i.e refrain from doing that without being asked to or purchase a support request on our site if you want 1:1 support)

@Kidany you have send me a message but the message contains only a copy of my post without any questions or other information. I have not talked to you (in any negative way) neither in the PMB (did not reply at all) nor here on the Board so do not know why you seemingly refer to me? I only replied to you on your first message so why
i am really surprised a joomla master talking this way and feel sorry for my self to ask you
I did not talk to you at all besides my first (positive) reply. However if you wish my onsite support please visit our site and purchase ticket support otherwise I/we cannot help you on site?

@Moderators: This is not job soliciting..it is setting the record straight according per forum rules

Leo 8)

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:22 pm

@ kldany
If you are trying to restrict what a user group can do in the edit screen then try JCE https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/jce/
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:01 pm

Raising the access level on the plugins should make the button go away.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:01 pm
Raising the access level on the plugins should make the button go away.
Not in administrator and he did not say that it was for frontend use for which raising access levels would make no sense since a contributor or publisher would have no more access

Leo 8)

kldany
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kldany » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 am

@Leo Thank you for answering
I am really surprised a Joomla master talking this way and feel sorry for my self to ask you
This comment wasn't for you at all.

I want to clear my request with this post, I never asked someone to do my work as @sozzled think.

also, not nice form @sozzled when he told me
it's bad forum etiquette to assume that you can write privately to individual forum members unless they've specifically invited you to do that
I used an option allowed in this form and it was only asking you to see if there is any Joomla security risk with the idea I have made, and I include user and password, that is why I sent it privately.

It will be more professional if @sozzled asked "what is the reason you sent Mr. Leo Private and also not professional to anyone too tall behalf of people or ask about private thinks, he supposes to wait for your answer (you can tell me please don't a private message, it's your right).

Finally, I used a form supporting CMS not form to give a life direction from some people, the answer must be fixing the problem, not judging people, with all the respect for the form rolls, if there is an admin send warnings to users, Professionally must be send private explain the form rolls not to be a teacher publicly.

I been using Joomla since 2009 and my questions through this long time were very limited, always I do my work but sometimes we need the expert advice, I was thinking this form free support with the only question (how to hide it on the backend) that set.

Thank you Mr Leo

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:21 am

kldany wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 am
... always I do my work but sometimes we need the expert advice, I was thinking this form free support with the only question (how to hide it on the backend) that set....
The forum is free support (for all to see) but PM with a problem is requesting personal support.

The very first line of the rules
DO NOT SEND SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM/Email, unless expressly invited to do so.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”