Missing Joomla admin area icons Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
huraganek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Missing Joomla admin area icons

Post by huraganek » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:55 am

Hello, after enable SSL on my Joomla 3.8.13 page I don't see any icons in my admin area. Maybe someone had the same problem and know solution of this? For better view of my problem see attached file.

Thank You and greetings!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

theralph
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Missing Joomla admin area icons

Post by theralph » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Have you tried clearing your cache and browsing history entirely?

huraganek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by huraganek » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:04 am

theralph wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:54 pm
Have you tried clearing your cache and browsing history entirely?
Yes, it didn't help... When I swith to http:// it works correctly.

theralph
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by theralph » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Perhaps it is an issue with your .htaccess file? I remember having this issue many moons ago but I just can't remember what I did to fix it. Are you using Cloudflare or any other Content delivery Network? I know I set up a Page rule there to turn off certain settings for the administrator area.

huraganek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by huraganek » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:18 am

theralph wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:33 pm
Perhaps it is an issue with your .htaccess file? I remember having this issue many moons ago but I just can't remember what I did to fix it. Are you using Cloudflare or any other Content delivery Network? I know I set up a Page rule there to turn off certain settings for the administrator area.
I don't use any CDN :( and I've also restore default .htaccess file, doesn't help... Every functionality works correctly, it's just those icons.

theralph
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by theralph » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:00 pm

You do have a valid SSL certificate on your server, correct? If not, make sure that Global Configuration>Server>Force HTTPS is set to None.

occultfish
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by occultfish » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:47 pm

After switching to ssl from non-ssl, you want to go to the admin panel and click "purge expired cache". Non ssl links will not show up in most browsers because they create security flaws (I have had these issues with ads when I switched to ssl). You want to also, as noted above, force ssl on the entire site prior to clearing your cache.

If this does not resolve your issue , kindly share how to re-create the problem with us.

Best,

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Those icons on the login page are generated by CSS classes like 'icon-user', 'icon-help' and 'icon-lock'. These classes are defined in the stylesheet templates/isis/css/template.css and they generate icons from the IcoMoon fonts.

The CSS definition of e.g. 'icon-user' refers to font files, stored in the folder media/jui/fonts. That folder may have been deleted or it got corrupted for some reason. You can find this folder in the installation archive of Joomla and then copy its contents to the server.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

huraganek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by huraganek » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Ok problem solved. It was caused because of wrong redirections in .htaccess file. Generating of new file helped. Thank You all.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”