Extensions: manage showing COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
GillianBPP
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Extensions: manage showing COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_

Post by GillianBPP » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:21 pm

In Extensions-> Manage-> Manage-> Search Tools instead of "- Select Type -" I am seeing "COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_"
COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_.jpg
I saw this in 3.9.1 and upgraded to 3.9.2 today, thinking it might correct itself. It didn't so I downloaded the full Joomla 3.9.2 package and uploaded it manually for a fresh install (I think that's how it works) but it's still displaying COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_

There is no text in the administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_installer.ini file for COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ as it should be looking for this: COM_INSTALLER_VALUE_TYPE_SELECT="- Select Type -"

I have several other websites running on either 3.9.1 or 3.9.2 on the same server and they are showing "- Select Type -" correctly. I don't think it's affecting any functions, as the drop-down still works. Any ideas how to get it to display correctly, please? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Extensions: manage showing COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_

Post by sozzled » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:29 pm

GillianBPP wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:21 pm
There is no text in the administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_installer.ini file for COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ as it should be looking for this: COM_INSTALLER_VALUE_TYPE_SELECT="- Select Type -"
Curious ...

There should be a line in that file (at line number 267) that reads like this:

Code: Select all

COM_INSTALLER_VALUE_TYPE_SELECT="- Select Type -"
Probably the easiest way to fix the problem is to copy the file from another J! 3.9.2 website (where you don't have the problem) to the J! 3.9.2 website where you do have the problem.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

GillianBPP
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by GillianBPP » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Hello @sozzled, there is indeed that line in the file. The problem is that for some reason the extension manager is not looking for it.

Instead, as you can see from the screenshot, it seems to be looking for:

COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_
which doesn't exist.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:15 pm

OK. Thanks for replying. My guess is that the PHP file (haven't figured out which one it is) or the XML file for the model has been corrupted or there's an override in place for it. Next "simple" suggestion to resolve the matter is to undo/remove any template/layout overrides that you may have created. Like looking for a needle in a haystack, I know, but we're both guessing a bit, aren't we?

I haven't seen this kind of problem before (or on any website that I own/manage).
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:29 pm

Have a look at the file ../administrator/components/com_installer/models/forms/filter_manage.xml at around line 37. If necessary, compare this file with the same file from another website.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:42 pm

GillianBPP wrote:There is no text in the administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_installer.ini file for COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ as it should be looking for this: COM_INSTALLER_VALUE_TYPE_SELECT="- Select Type -"
Only one file uses the last language constant and it is in Hathor template, but you were not using Hathor.

Please check if the folder 'administrator/templates/isis/html/com_installer' exists - if it is there for some reason, it can cause unpredictable issues and it should be removed, unless it serves some unknown purpose, in which case the override code should be refactored to support the latest version of Joomla.

On the other hand, the extensions table in the database may have an invalid extension, where the column 'type' is blank.

The extension type can be one of the following: component, file, language, library, module, package, plugin, template. Each of these has a corresponding language constant, starting with the prefix COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ in the file administrator/languages/en-GB/en-GB.com_installer.ini.

As we can see from the bottom of your screenshot, the text '- Select Type -' is the first item in the dropdown list and it is marked as 'selected' in the HTML code. Immediately after that COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ is also listed as 'selected', which causes the incorrect behaviour: from the two last dropdown items marked as 'selected', only the last one is displayed by the browser.

Unless the Isis template has the folder 'administrator/templates/isis/html/com_installer', use phpMyAdmin to run the following SQL query, where xxxxx is the table extension in your database:

SELECT DISTINCT type FROM xxxxx_extensions
The result should have only the types listed above. If it has a blank type, try to locate the row in the table:

SELECT extension_id, name, element FROM xxxxx_extensions
WHERE type = ''
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

GillianBPP
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by GillianBPP » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Thank you, toivo (I'm not sure how to tag a user name - is it with a '@' as in Github?)

I ran those two queries. The first one produced this:
SELECT DISTINCT type FROM xxxxx_extensions.jpg
and the second one, this:
SELECT extension_id etc.jpg
I then ran the two queries again in another website's database that does not have this problem.

The first query returned the same result; the second was blank.

I then looked in the Joomla! extensions manager, filtered to Regular Labs and found this, which confirmed the issue.
System - Regular Labs Installer.jpg
I couldn't uninstall it here, so in the database for the website with the problem, I searched for extension_id 10338, found the record and deleted it. Back in the website, I refreshed the cache and all is well.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:42 am

Cheers. No idea what that extension was supposed to do but if everything else still works, it was not required.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”