Archived article, to be published in october not accessible?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
makamba
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Archived article, to be published in october not accessible?

Post by makamba » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am

The article I was working on is almost finished (devil in the details). I could preview what I did after publishing the article to the archive. But now I have set a publication date, and I can not read the article (in the archive). Is that because I set the publication date?

Jaydot
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Archived article, to be published in october not accessible?

Post by Jaydot » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:04 pm

It seems sort of logical to me that an article cannot be archived if it's not published first...
If you want no-one else to see it while you're still working on it, perhaps you could change the access level?
The fact that an opinion is widely held is no evidence whatsoever that it is not utterly absurd.
Personal website: https://jaydot.nl

makamba
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Archived article, to be published in october not accessible?

Post by makamba » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:22 pm

makamba wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am
The article I was working on is almost finished (devil in the details). I could preview what I did after publishing the article to the archive. But now I have set a publication date, and I can not read the article (in the archive). Is that because I set the publication date?
By removing the publication date I was able to preview my article again.

@Jaydot. Archiving your new article so you can view how it looks, or share it with others for comments, is a way advised by others.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”