Which fields in the database are the template details stored?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Forsh
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Which fields in the database are the template details stored?

Post by Forsh » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 am

I am hoping to export the templates setting from one database and import them into another database. They are the exact same Joomla installs with the exact same templates. Instead of configuring every detail by hand again I was hoping I could just export from one database these fields into another but I can't see in phpmyadmin which fields I need to export. I see template in there but I don't see configurations/style in there.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Which fields in the database are the template details stored?

Post by imanickam » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:55 pm

In short, the template styles' information are stored in the column params in the table xyz_template_styles, where xyz_ is the database table prefix for your Joomla installation.

However, it all depends on the template used. Apart from storing the template style parameters in the table specified, some of the templates that use frameworks, store physical files that contain style's layout definition (in a directory) within the template directory if default style of the template has been changed or a new style has been created. You have to review the document or support forum of the template used to get more information about this.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Which fields in the database are the template details stored?

Post by leolam » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:25 pm

@Forsh
Thank those who help you. Acknowledgment of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Support Provider:
-> Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
-> Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -
-> Joomla Webmaster Services: gws-webmaster.services

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”