Remove "Forgot password", "Don't have an account" links from a login page

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
ldor
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Remove "Forgot password", "Don't have an account" links from a login page

Post by ldor » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:44 am

Hi
I have certain restricted page on my site where several users share the same account. I would like to remove Remove "Forgot password", "Forgot username", "Don't have an account" links from that page. But I have other restricted pages where these links should appear, they need to be removed only from one specific page. Is that possible?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Remove "Forgot password", "Don't have an account" links from a login page

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:25 am

https://docs.joomla.org/How_to_override ... omla!_core

One account for several users is a bad practice. Turning off User Registration in Global Configuration will remove the register link. Otherwise you have to override the layout. When using the login module, override the module output, otherwise the component com_user.

ldor
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ldor » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:44 am

Yes, I agree, it's not a good practice. But some people have difficulties even creating an account. So I use this as a temporary solution until everybody creates an account and I give them rights to view this specific page.

As for overriding the module output or com_user, maybe I will be able to figure out how to do that (can't see any such option in the Backend) but that would probably affect all login forms, not just this specific one, right?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:53 am

Do you know who these people are? Put them in a database table. I use a Authentication Plugin to log them in from the custom database table.

https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Creating_a ... for_Joomla

ldor
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ldor » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:08 pm

It's over 100 people. Putting them manually in the database would take some effort, would prefer to wait till they all register themselves

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”